7.06.2009

ForADarkGirl... a Rant. a Rave.



So Summer brings the bronzed... red... rich tone of my skin out for the world to see. i guess a few tank tops and strapless maxi dresses also add to the sight to be seen, but lately... LATELY... at leasta few times a year i get the same crap: "You are pretty for a dark girl" chocolate skin... thang... queen... beauty... etc etc etc. SHUT UP. Celebrate my pretty for the sake that it's just THAT. For waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many years, I've dealt with this... For the most recent years I've just learned to love EVERY part of myself. For ppl to only acknowledge this layer of me... IRKS me. done with the rant.

I LOVE MY
heart.
mind.
spirit and energy.
hair and its ways. my crooked middle finger
my hands. my back side. the perks and the eventual sags.
my voice, especially when i curse.
my style and everyone's interpretations of it.
my Skin.
AND YAYE FOR SUN GIVING ME THE ADDITIONAL GLOW!!!!

yes... that was the RAVE.

HomeIn2Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment