7.11.2009

The neighborHOOD


so once i landed back in Chicago. I stayed where my heart is. Back in my mom's house in Markham. a suburb a little distance away from the home i made for myself in Hyde Park. I got to see the neighborhood... reminisce on what made it liveable when i was young, escapable when i was older, and saw too many ppl from my "youth." I hadn't realized it had been that many years since i've really seen anyone here. Im tellin you... as soon as 18 hit... I was out. Came back a couple years later, but never really stayed in the neighborhood. So... for some of the ppl that I spent time with during my stay... they hadn't seen me in 8 years! I realized... I. am. Not. "Hood." and i'm having my own debates of if that's a good or a bad thing. Leaning more towards the good... but it feels like i'm turning my nose up at my past. hate that... but the codes i've switched between for the steps i've taken since... there are no "look backs"

No comments:

Post a Comment