5.04.2010

That's Racist!!!



(haha i love wondershowzen)

So... met a new boy last week. He was charming, funny, handsome, smart, clever and quick on his feet. Flirted well with me so duh, he got the number. We talked for hours about all kinds of things- where we've been etc etc etc. I started each day, hella curious about him... asking all kinds of questions from what he ate that day to where he thinks he gets his looks from mom vs. dad. I never ran out of and still have an overflow of questions. I'd rarely been this curious and this openly curious about anyone. I do the zodiac thing and he. was. *my* Gemini. I was ready... wait. not THAT "ready." but the ready to continue entertaining this dude.

So... he's Iranian.

Drop your mouths or pick em that lip... whatever it is you're doing KEEP Reading this is a CRAZY loaded blog :)

I didn't think twice at all about him or the fact that I was flirting with him until we had our first outing. We went out for coffee...ion't drink coffee so smoothies and a walk through Millennium Park.

We, well I went around classifying birds and butterflies while together we made up names for flowers we didn't know. We took random pictures and made stories about the Japanese sculptures in the park. I was uncharacteristically open about myself. I went ahead and was as weird as I really am. Felt completely comfortable. Confident and all that.

So... I hadn't been able to be myself like that with someone I've dated in awhile. ha... not even the man i was prepared to marry only last year. Anyway, specifically the black ppl I've dated. For fear of not being "black enough" because I was into so many things that weren't "black enough." I was mocked and criticized in my youth for my voice and vernacular, sounding "white" all because I spoke properly. Apologizing finding DUMB rebuttals, all because I spoke "right." As I got older, they assumed my speech had been adopted from me attending a predominantly white high school... yea that explains it.

and I'm at mandylove's house and she's suggesting that I make a part 2... so... yea, part 2 to come! *vlog in the works*

No comments:

Post a Comment