7.10.2010

Dear Crush

30 Day Challenge- On this day you write a letter to:

Day 2 — Your crush.

When I think about you... its like that cliche shit... hear songs... and i think of how they tie into you, how i feel for you.. the dreams i have... what i wanna do to, with, and for  you.  When i thought of writing this letter to you, a song sprung up... (guess 'cause it also happens to have you, the subject) in its title.  I thought of Goapele's Crushed Out:


You know I'm crushed out on you and you alone... If I thought you had my number I'd stay home by the phone
Day and night I sit and wait for you to call me
But only time will show how far this can go


Your voice it comforts me... Sweet and raspy tone of love
It trails me into dreams.
I wanna wake up to it... Full blast
Your name alone
Gives me a rush
What a feeling
I can feel it in my bones, A spirit, I'm craving in my soul
You could feel it all, But you don't even know
That I'm crushed out on you and you alone...

I'm longing for the space and time to chill with you... Thinking of the ways that I could keep my cool
But this brown eyed girl  And brown eyed boi
Time stood still And passed us by
Cause baby I, I've been waiting for a little time
Oh and you were so beautiful and this is sure
You're my kind of guy
If I had a type of guy, I'd say it's you
So don't let them bring you down, Cause right about now I like having you around
And if it's real that's where hearts resides
And I'm crushed out on you and you alone
If you think of me Half as much as I do you
Confide in me Lets play for keeps
And I can tell you all the things, I longed to say
The future wants
We'll find a way, And we can let it go

And I'm crushed out on you and you alone... 


It summed up much of how I feel...
You have me comfortable with dreaming. and optimism... 
You make me softer than any one's ever been able to manage. You prompt me to send msgs... make calls.. feel uneasy if i don't speak with you enough throughout the day, even more so before i rest my head for the next.  You make me considerate... and giddy and me.
I appreciate that you accept my quirks and call me on my shit. I even appreciate that I've learned about jealousy during this, because I've wanted you that badly , letting my own ego chime in that i could be better for you than... others, lol But i could, dammit! 
I revel in the fact That you know yourself and understand where you need to go, what you must challenge yourself in doing to learn more of you and your place in this world.  I adore our quirks and i enjoy being able to be our voice of reason when our babyppos' plans get a lil outlandish :)
i am amazed by your resilience and how much positivity that comes out of you against that.  
Uhm Your smile, that laugh are contagious, even when i don't get to see it... the memory's vivid enough to cause me to do the same.
Since you've been away... absence has made this heart grow fond... can ya tell?  I replay many of our talks... I received your letter from our plans to write... it was the best thing ever, well to receive.  I wished I was yours already so that I'd be home... preparing your welcome and making it the most comfortable perfect place for you to return.  That every piece was placed in a way that let you know that everyday while you were gone... I aimed at making something special for you.  That i used all my "i miss you" energy into something constructive as a "gift" for you


If we get the chance to go further... I know we'll have challenges... but I've been through a bit as I'm sure you have as well... so we'll be fine.  There are some super minor adjustments to be made, but also ones I've experienced before so i think i can help it be smooth. Distance has given us an advantage in getting to know a bit before pursuit.  You're unlike my past... May seem small to you... but you holding my interest.. this strongly... even through communication spurts... is BIG. you've been out of sight and ear... and you still remain vividly on my mind... that's gotta count for somethin right?
I  didn't want to keep quiet... but I also didn't wanna tell too much right away.... So maybe this letter will be discovered by you on your own if/whenever you decide to visit this blog... I may send it to you out of nowhere... This may be a memento that I offer to you because we're celebrating something... :)
You shared a plan... a dream with me... and being the Aries I am... I couldn't help but imagine myself fitting in the puzzle.  That's it! You fit! I haven't had to change me except for be more of me and stop feeling so... so guarded about the rest of me that others seemed to have asked for... complained i didn't give.  you're enhancing me... I only hope that you feel that I'm trying to do the same for you...


You've made me a romantic... isn't that somethin


I miss you.. Cant wait to use every single sense i have wen we're together. 

Tonight I dream... and because I've shared this right before... I'll meet you in a few.

1 comment: